Introducing a protein-packed bread recipe that will elevate your breakfast, lunch, and snack game! This homemade bread features a golden crust and a fluffy crumb, making it irresistible for toasting, sandwich making, or enjoying as everyday bread. The secret ingredient? Alver’s Golden Chlorella powder adds a nutritious boost of plant-based protein. Not only does it pack a protein punch, but it also adds a delightful golden hue to the crust. Say goodbye to dull bread and hello to a vibrant and nutritious loaf that will become a staple in your kitchen. Get ready to enjoy the perfect balance of flavor, texture, and nutrition in every slice of this protein bread powered by Alver’s Golden Chlorella powder!
Recipe for 1 large loaf
Preparation time: 3 hours (2 hours resting and baking time)
- In a bowl, mix the flour and 300g of water until a rough dough forms. Let it sit in the bowl covered with a damp towel for 15 minutes
- Warm up the rest of the water and add the dry yeast, stirring slowly with a spoon or small whisk
- Wait 10 minutes for the dry yeast to activate with the warm water. It should form little bubbles on the surface of the water
- Add the yeast water, salt, and protein powder to the dough and start kneading the dough with your hands or with a stand mixer. This step might take longer if you knead the dough with your hands.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is smooth. Pull off a golf-ball-sized piece of dough and stretch it into a thin sheet between your fingers to test if you are done kneading. The dough will stretch into a thin film without breaking if the gluten is well-developed. If it breaks quickly, keep kneading.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place it in a bowl, covered with a damp towel
- Place it in the oven at 40°to 45°C and let it rise for 30 minutes
- Once it has risen, punch the dough quickly to remove all air pockets and knead the dough for another minute. Then shape it into a ball.
- If you don’t have a raising basket (banneton), you can place a cloth kitchen towel in a bowl and cover it with a thin layer of flour. Place the dough ball in the bowl and cover it with a damp towel.
- Repeat the raising process in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- Gently place the risen dough on a sheet of baking paper
- Top the loaf with your favorite nuts and seeds
- Place it in a Dutch oven or large cooking pot with a lid, and bake it at 275°C for 30 minutes covered, then 15 to 20 minutes uncovered (Check the bread to see when it becomes golden-brown on top)
- Note that you should not preheat the oven for this recipe and that you should turn on the oven to 275°C only after placing the dough in the oven. This will allow the bread to rise properly and form a beautiful crust
- Take out the bread from the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes
- Enjoy with your favorite toast ingredients such as hummus or avocado!